Medical outsourcing is a widely used type of service in today’s medical scene. Healthcare employees outsource operations to provide better patient care.
It helps medical businesses save money and improve efficiency.
At least 70% of hospitals in the United States use medical outsourcing solutions for non-medical tasks. Other countries also practice medical outsourcing, including India, Australia, Switzerland, Israel, and Brazil.
Medical outsourcing solutions provide critical answers to problems in the healthcare system. This solution helps solve labor shortages and lack of equipment for services in the medical industry.
2. Medical outsourcing solutions can include medical transcription, billing, appointment scheduling, health information management, teleconsultations, and laboratory testing.
3. Outsourcing medical services allows for a cost-effective strategy, access to more professional services, increased scalability, and timely integration of services.
4. PatientCalls is a HIPAA-compliant medical call center service provider that helps in appointment scheduling, handling patient information, and performing triage on patients.
What is Medical Outsourcing?
Medical outsourcing is the strategic distribution of healthcare-related tasks to external service providers. This solution is critical nowadays in ensuring smoother operations among medical professionals.
Healthcare outsourcing services include sharing non-core functions with specialized firms. You can outsource operations, such as
- administrative tasks,
- appointment scheduling,
- data security,
- after-hour services,
- insurance claims processing,
- medical coding, and
- transcriptions to business process outsourcing services (BPO).
Medical outsourcing solutions offer comprehensive solutions to improve efficiency in healthcare setting.
These professional services allow healthcare providers to focus on their core tasks. All this while keeping related work functioning steadily.
What Are Examples of Medical Outsourcing Services?
The services that can be outsourced for the medical field include several different industries.
Here is a closer look at some examples of medical outsourcing services:
- Medical transcription. This service transcribes and translates patient notes and records to specialized firms. The service allows most healthcare providers to focus on patient care and clinical services.
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM). This service includes billing, medical coding, and other financially related-tasks. RCM ensures the accuracy of revenue-related operations.
- Telemedicine services. Hospitals often use the aid of external sources to provide virtual consultations and remote patient care.
- Health Information Management (HIM). Outsourcing services offer solutions for transcribing, managing, and securing patient information. This solution helps in handling several patient records at once.
- Diagnostic services and Laboratory testing. Hospitals often partner with other external laboratories to conduct tests to support diagnosis. This solution ensures more accurate and timely results without exerting more in-house efforts for treating patients.
Medical outsourcing services offer a range of solutions for streamlining operations in hospitals. They help create more accurate results in transcribing, handling patient records, and accounting.
What Are the Benefits of Medical Outsourcing Services?
Outsourcing medical services can help your business streamline your operations and improve efficiency.
With the fast-evolving world of medical science, it is only logical to use outsourcing for patient care improvement.
Below are reasons why you need to outsource services in the healthcare sector:
- Cost-effective strategy. Medical outsourcing solutions can help improve revenue from core medical operations. Outsourcing administrative tasks and tech tasks can help hospitals offer more medical services.
- Access to more professionals in different careers. Outsourcing allows medical institutions to tap into professional services across the globe. This allows them to expand their network to more specialized work.
- Increased scalability and efficiency of work. Medical outsourcing allows businesses to expand their services without worrying about in-house scaling. This benefit offers increased agility and responsiveness to the business.
- Faster recruitment and timely integration. Outsourcing ensures a streamlined recruitment and onboarding process. This benefit allows healthcare businesses to get the necessary professional skills for expansion. It also helps decrease delays in delivering critical healthcare services and saves time.
The main benefits of medical outsourcing are convenience and operational improvement. Businesses can widen their services and attend to more patients. They can do this without the need to expand staffing and physical facilities, thereby reducing unnecessary costs.
How to Decide if You Need Medical Outsourcing?
Several industries are benefiting from the advantages of the healthcare outsourcing industry. Outsourcing is a cost-effective strategy for businesses to get professional services efficiently. It also allows you to achieve your organizational goals faster.
Here is a guide to help you decide if medical outsourcing solutions will be beneficial for your business:
- Assess your operational demands. Begin by evaluating your company’s current operations. Identify the practices that, if outsourced, could improve your overall efficiency. List all non-core functions that can be delegated to outsourcing services and areas where your services lack.
- Conduct a thorough analysis. Analyze the list and perform a cost-benefit analysis to determine if there is a positive financial impact to outsourcing. Healthcare companies find that outsourcing various functions and support services is financially beneficial.
- Evaluate scalability requirements. Determine if there is a stable need to increase manpower through outsourcing with the results of your analysis. Check whether your company can handle a larger scale of operations with the help of outsourcing.
- Focus on core competencies. Identify your company’s core services and strategic priorities in health care. Determine if these competencies will be improved by unloading non-core tasks through outsourcing.
- Explore technological support. Scout for outsourcing companies and list all of the benefits of their services. With this step, you can discover new and upcoming tools that can help you leverage technology to your benefit. Choose which outsourcing services you need.
Assess your services and the potential benefits of delegation when considering outsourcing. This evaluation can help you decide which services to consolidate and hand over to an outsourcing company.
Medical Outsourcing Companies in the US
Medical outsourcing services in the United States have become an integral part of the healthcare landscape, offering various advantages to healthcare providers, payers, and patients. In recent years, there has been a surge in medical outsourcing offerings as technological advancements progress.
Below, we listed some of the most widely known medical outsourcing services that medical institutions benefit from.
PatientCalls is a full-service, 24/7 medical answering and scheduling service specializing in healthcare. The company acts as a secure and HIPAA-compliant liaison. It helps maintain patient information confidentiality while seamlessly integrating with existing electronic medical record (EMR) systems.
Besides handling phone calls, the service enables healthcare professionals to outsource appointment scheduling. With a high level of professionalism, PatientCalls contributes to enhancing patient experience.
Flatworld Solutions is an outsourcing provider that extends its expertise to healthcare companies. The company specializes in healthcare outsourcing services. Flatworld Solutions offers solutions such as medical billing, coding, and transcription to enhance operational efficiency for healthcare providers.
Change Healthcare offers a variety of healthcare technology solutions. Among their services are RCM, value-based care, and data analytics. They help healthcare organizations optimize financial performance, improve patient engagement, and enhance decision-making through analytics.
Nuance is known for its speech recognition and natural language processing solutions. In healthcare, Nuance provides speech-to-text and transcription services. Their services enable clinicians to create documentation more efficiently.
Omega Healthcare is a leading service provider specializing in RCM solutions for healthcare. Omega Healthcare offers services such as medical billing, coding, accounts receivable management, and healthcare analytics.
The company’s comprehensive outsourcing solutions improve healthcare providers’ financial performance and operational excellence
Remember that some outsourcing services may overlap and some may evolve. Services may vary, which is why you need to determine what you need and which outsourcing service would fit them accurately.
PatientCalls | The only Medical Answering Service You’ll Need
Medical outsourcing is a business strategy that revolutionized the healthcare industry. It consistently improves the efficiency and quality of healthcare services globally. It helps healthcare employees focus more on providing excellent patient care.
To date, there is surely an outsourcing company that would fit your every need. All you need to do is analyze your operations and determine the points that will benefit from outsourcing.
If what you need is HIPAA-compliant medical call center services, then the answer is at PatientCalls. Gain access to tailored solutions that revolutionize patient communication, appointment scheduling, and overall healthcare provider-patient interactions. PatientCalls takes care of the administrative work and data entry. Get professional service from trained healthcare call center agents who will help you handle patient information at any time.
Allow us to assess patients and handle medical records before handing them over to your on-call medical staff. Embrace the future of healthcare with PatientCalls – where every call is a step toward superior patient care.