Industry-Leading Technology, Security & Disaster Recovery
Secure Healthcare Technology Infrastructure
We are the only HIPAA-compliant medical answering service that has developed its own cloud technology and CRM application to support medical and healthcare clientele. This allowed us to build the infrastructure we have, which is supported by our in-house technical team. We are not a typical answering service but rather view ourselves as a technological partner, thanks to our technical division. We pride ourselves on technical expertise and HIPAA compliance environment via the following:
- Deploy and manage (in-house) our own private cloud infrastructure housed within SSAE 16 (SOC 2) type II facility.
- Multiple fiber DIA/ISP’s with 100mb capacity accessing our cloud infrastructure.
- Office has redundant encrypted paths into our facility via MPLS and fiber DIA/ISP (100mb capacity).
- SIP origination from two providers terminating on multiple ISP’s within our cloud as well as PRI failover during a registration fails event for business continuity.
- Redundant servers, stand-alone and virtualized, with encrypted paths in and out.
- Our agent PC’s do not store any PHI, we utilize RDP/TS RemoteApp over the encrypted path for remote access into our cloud infrastructure.
- SMS portal utilized SSL with a strong password for us to identify a friendly mobile device while never storing any PHI on any mobile device. PHI is flashed from devices after 5 minutes.
- PHI is also transmitted within password-protected PDFs over TLS which secures in transmit but also provides prelim protection when PDFs are stored on your remote devices.
- Created software-based firewalls within our portals to monitor rogue IPs and failed login attempts which are also a HIPAA requirement.
- We employ an operational HIPAA compliance officer and a technical HIPAA compliance officer in order to maximize our collective risk mitigation.
- On-premises natural gas backup generators with auto-detection transfer switch tested regularly.
- Redundant fiber lines with copper rollover.
- Multiple DID routing.
More importantly, we have the ability to provide unequaled business continuity measures in the event of an outage outside of our control. For example, we implement the ability for your calls to be transported over multiple ISP’s with TDM/PRI roll over in the event of a complete outage from a carrier standpoint.
PatientCalls’ resourcefulness in offering the most widely available secure SMS / email transmission alternatives of all HIPAA-compliant medical answering service providers originates from experience in supporting its own proprietary answering service platform and from employing full-time development staff that support the unique capability of effectively integrating into any third-party solution’s API and efficiently implementing SSL/TLS connectivity.