Healthcare Executives have many unenviable tasks on their plate during the 2017 year. From IT, financial’s, to healthcare model redesigns, the issues seem almost endless and in an ongoing evolutionary spin cycle. Below are a list of things that executives from HealthCare Executive Group have put together as the top 10 things considered to be highest on their priority list.
The original article posted here covers these top 10 Issues and also lists all previous years top 10’s.
The prioritized 2017 HCEG Top 10 issues in healthcare are identified as:
- Value-based Payments: targeting specific medical conditions to manage cost and quality of care
- Total Consumer Health: improving member’s overall well-being – medical, social, financial, and environmental
- Clinical and Data Analytics: leveraging big data with clinical evidence to segment populations, manage health and drive decisions
- Cybersecurity: protecting the privacy and security of consumer information
- Cost Transparency: growing legislation and consumer demand
- Harnessing Mobile Health Technology: improving disease management, member engagement, and data collection/distribution
- Addressing Pharmacy Costs: implementing strategies to address growth of pharma costs versus benefits to quality of care and total medical costs
- Care Redesign: leveraging team-based care models, focusing on behavioral health and social needs
- Accessible Points of Care: telehealth, retail clinics and micro-hospitals vs. large, integrated systems
- Next Generation ACOs: additional programs in bundled payment, episodes of care-shared savings, and growing participant base
Similarly, the Managed Healthcare Executive publication has outlined in more detail what they feel are the top 3 issues facing healthcare executives in 2017. Specifically diving into new healthcare regulations, implementation of value-based reimbursement programs, and technology acquisitions & implementations. None of which are no small task.
If you are looking to have a better handle of your communications handled for you in a streamlined fashion with total HIPAA compliance, contact PatientCalls now for information on our FREE TRIAL medical answering service.